What's the big deal? Why use Big Vault instead of other portable storage options or standard storage units? The answer is simple- Big Vault ties together all the necessary components and features of the delivery system and the custom built Vaults so that YOU have the absolute best Portable Storage experience you can have.
There are five (5) critical elements that Big Vault believes can not be compromised and still have a secure, full size, full feature, weather resistant storage container delivered gently and horizontally throughout the entire delivery, pick-up and re-delivery process. The four considerations you should not compromise are featured below.
1. Uncompromised Quality and Service backed by a Lowest Price Guarantee.
Big Vault will provide you with the winning combination of friendly, helpful personell. Big Vault will deliver you the best storage Vault on the best delivery system and guarantee you the lowest pricing as compared to other companies providing similar, but not equal, delivery and services.
2. How the container/Vault is loaded and delivered or transported from place to place is the first critical component. Big Vault utilizes our very own custom truck and lift to gently lower your, full size, Big Vault on your surface with direct and full contact with our lift throughout the entire process. This means that your Big Vault will be placed where you would like it with even pressure over the entire Vault base..
This is compared to some other lifts that suspend the POD from chains from a monster lift device that is a structure which has rubber wheels that mark, rut and scar your concrete and landscaping while maneuvering the suspended
POD onto your surface.
The other alternative is the roll-off delivery systems that risks damage to your driveway or finished surface by striking the ground with steel rollers, or wheels on one edge of the container- unevenly striking your surface at an angle potentially rutting, scarring, chipping or cracking your concrete, asphalt, or brick pavers. This method is NOT an equivelant delivery/lift system as Big Vault's Horizontal/Level lift delivery system.
The process of retrieving your Vault for re-delivery or storage at our site is equally, if not more important, than delivery of an empty Vault. Now- your valued belongings are packed inside the container/Vault. Big Vault's custom lift firmly attaches to one end of the Big Vault and gently, maintaining horizontal positioning, throughout the whole lift brings your loaded Big Vault onto the truck chassis and securely seats the Big Vault on our truck for transportation. It takes little imagination to understand what would happen to your belongings packed inside a POD or container that is picked up from a swinging and swaying chain suspension device, or worse yet a tilt bed truck rolling your packed container up an incline to truck bed height.
3. Size Matters. You should get what you are told you will be getting. Big Vault units are a full 8' in width compared to some companies that call their boxes 8' x 16' but in reality deliver the widest that they can deliver (due to their restricted lifting device) which is a container that is really only 7'2" wide. Compared to these, Big Vault actually provides you with the extra 13.3 square feet of floor space that you are expecting. In actual packing area that extra 10 inches for the length of a 16' box is equal to 106 cubic feet of storage space that Big Vault provides you.
On the subject of inside useable storage space- Big Vaults are custom built to provide our clients with all the inside space for their use. Big Vault utilizes the most secure and vandal-proof, full sized hinge swing doors with solid steel rod locking mechanism from floor to roof. Some other containers/boxes/PODS use a flimsy steel roll-up door which takes up inside space for the actual door spool. This wasted space represents approximately 22 cubic feet in our competitors PODS/boxes that are using these doors. Big Vault provides you that extra 22 cubic feet for your use. Competitors that use boxes that are not full 8 foot width or do not use hinged doors are NOT equivelant containers to Big Vault's custom built Vaults.
4. Doors. Ease of access, Security from vandals and weather, and full access to your Vault are provided by Big Vault. Hinged doors, as designed on the Big Vault containers, are much more secure and vandal proof than the thin metal roll-up style doors used by others. Besides being superior in strength, Big Vault doors are designed with comprehensive dual rubber seals all around. This makes Big Vault doors more resistant to weather and the elements that is an inherent problem with competitor's roll-up doors.
Roll-up doors on a portable storage unit are more than just inefficient--they're ineffective! Roll-up doors are inefficient because they need space inside your container for the cylinder and this takes away a minimum of 13.3 cubic feet of your space.
While portable storage companies like Big Vault always take extreme caution when lifting and transporting units, your packed belongings, naturally,tend to shift during the move. Packing is not an exact science--items can often reposition themselves within the space. Among other reasons: This happens when items are placed upon the soft cushions chairs or couches. When belongings shift and lean against a roll-up door it prevents the door from opening! This can happen over time even within a non-moving self storage facility. However, this is not an issue with the swing doors attached to our Big Vault units!
As stated in 3. above, competitors that use containers/boxes that a do not use hinged doors are NOT equivelant containers to Big Vault's custom built Vaults.
Big Vault doors and containers are constructed with the same technology that millions of over-the-road trucks use on modern trailers because it is a proven method of safely sealing the contents within.
5. Vault Construction. There are many details that go into a custom built Big Vault container that you don't see or maybe even don't think about- but that's ok. Big Vault has considered all that matters and chosen the absolute best components and construction methods, from the floor to the roof, to insure that you are getting uncompromised quality when you rent a Portable Storage Vault from the best provider in the area - BIG VAULT PORTABLE STORAGE & MOVING.
Base and Frame: Hot-Dipped Galvanized steel does not rust. That means there are no rust stains left on your concrete or block pavers.
Floor: Thick Marine Grade plywood provides anti-slip properties as compared to steel or aluminum floors. You and your stuff are less likely to slide around within the Vault.
Walls: Smooth and durable DuraPlate composite material is strong and more resistant to outside weather conditions transfer (sweating) than simple smooth or corrugated steel skins. Big Vault composit walls are very clean. Never rusts. Never flakes. No oder retention. Visually appealing- inside and out. Tie-down rings provided throughout to allow users to secure their belongings at several locations. Big Vaults are constructed with thermally resistant wall and door material which is not subject to the immediate temperature change that simple steel sided competitors use. When weather changes quickly (cold steel warms by the sun) steel containers "sweat" creating what is known in the industry as "container rain". This means condensation forms on the roof and walls in the form of droplets ON THE INSIDE (where your valued possessions are stored)! Other companies don't want you to know about this and often avoid disclosing what their container is constructed of. If the other company uses a roll-up door they are passing on the same moisture intrusion problem just discussed. Here are some images of steel sided containers:
Inferior Steel sided container used in NWI by others.
Inside of an Inferior steel container used by competitors with roof paint peeling from moisture and temperature changes.
Vents: Just the right amound of ventillation. There are two screened vents allowing air to equalize inside and out. You don't want too much air getting in as is inherently going to occur with other companies containers - Especially those using flimsy roll-up doors.
Roof: One-piece sun reflective aluminum roof with pitched support beams that keep heat, rainwater and snow off the roof. Does not dry out or crack like plastic roofs preventing water seepage. Does not allow in harmful ultraviolet sun rays that harm your valued furniture and belongings. Sealed to walls preventing weather and insects from entering the container.
Doors: Thick DuraPlate composite material. Hinged swing doors provide maximum use of Vault interior space. Double Sealed preventing moisture and insects from getting inside. Steel rod locking mechanism from floor to roof.
As a locally owned and operated portable storage facility serving NWI and the greater Chicagoland areas, our team knows what it takes to provide you with the service, amenities, and peace of mind you need to feel confident during your busy move. Our portable storage units come in three sizes, 8’x12’, 8’x16’, and 8'x20' making it easy to rent the perfect space for whatever your belongings require. We’ll bring these units directly to your property, allowing you to fill it on your own time and then call us when you’re ready to have it returned to our secure property. Reach out to our team today and we’ll get you started.
Plus, because our units are entirely portable, you can have them delivered just about anywhere in the greater southern Chicago area. Our main office and facility is located in Dyer, Indiana, but our service area reaches out well beyond the confines of our home base. Whether you live in the Illinois cities of Crete, Lansing, Olympia Fields, Homewood, or South Holland, or the Indiana cities of Saint John, Schererville, Munster, Highland, Cedar Lake, Hammond, Merrillville, or Crown Point, we want to give you a hand with your move or business storage project.
Give our team a call to ask about the portable storage process or visit our FAQ page to get more information about our facility and services!