What areas do you serve?
We’re proud to serve a large portion of greater southern Chicagoland and the NorthWest Indiana areas. Whether you live here in Indiana in the communities of Saint John, Crown Point, Schererville, Merrillville, Munster, Hammond, Highland, or Cedar Lake, or in one of the cities of Crete, South Holland, Lansing, Homewood, or Olympia Fields across the state line in Illinois, we can bring a portable unit to your front door! Give us a call and reserve your space and time of delivery today.
How does portable storage work?
Glad you asked! All of our units are portable, meaning they are not attached to a building, so they can readily move from one location to another. We’ll load the unit of your choice onto our truck and bring it right to your location, whether it’s your home, place of business, or building site. You fill the unit up on your own time and then give us a call when you’re ready to have it returned to our secure warehouse. We’ll bring our truck back to your location, load the unit, and take it back to our facility. Big Vault portable storage and moving is YOUR winning combination to convenient curbside service. It’s that simple! Our special lift and truck insure that our vault, and your contents inside it are always kept level during the lifting, transportation, and setting down to the ground processes.
WHY SHOULDN'T I JUST RENT A MOVING TRUCK AND MOVE MYSELF?
If you are thinking about renting a moving truck or using your friend’s pick-up truck in order to move – reconsider. You may want to use mobile storage instead. The following are five advantages to using mobile storage:
- Big Vault = CONVENIENCE - Move on your own schedule. Having a packing deadline can be incredibly stressful, especially if you’re a busy person as it is. Knowing the movers are coming on a Saturday means that you are going to have to rush to have everything packed by Friday – otherwise you’ll have to pay to have the movers help pack your things or wait around as you pack the last of your possessions. With a portable storage unit, the unit will be delivered to your home where it can remain for an extended period of time while you pack it up. Once it’s all packed, you can schedule to have it delivered to your new location based on your schedule.
- Big Vault = RELAXING - Pack and unpack at your own pace. With a portable storage unit, you can pack all your possessions into the unit in one day or do a little bit each day until you’re all ready to go. The same goes for unpacking. You may not be in the mood to unpack all of your belongings after a long day of moving – especially if you moved over a long distance. With a mobile storage unit, you can take your time unpacking your things so that you don’t feel rushed or stressed out.
- Big Vault = EFFICIENT - Packing is easier. Renting your own moving truck may save you a little bit of money over hiring a moving company, but packing that truck can be quite a challenge… especially if your home is some distance away from the nearest parking spot. This means you are going to have to do more physical labor to move your things into the truck. And that’s without mentioning the fact that you’ll have to move heavy furniture up a ramp into the truck. A mobile storage unit can be placed closer to your home and will allow you to simply walk your furniture inside.
- Big Vault = COST EFFECTIVE - Save money. Renting a mobile storage unit is often cheaper than hiring a moving company. It’s also typically cheaper than renting your own moving truck. Yes, renting your own truck can be quite cheap, but the price depends on how long you need it for. And this doesn’t account for things like gas or hotel stays (if you are moving a longer distance). Having to pack and move all in one day can cost you money as well, since some people have to take off work in order to do so. With a mobile storage unit, you can pack and move at your own pace and schedule.
- Big Vault = SECURE - Store your container between moves. One problem that used to be practically unsolvable was when someone sold their house but wasn’t able to move into another home until a few weeks or months later. In such a case, they would have to move all of their things to a self-storage unit. Once they had a place to move into, they would have to move everything out of the unit and to their new home. With a mobile storage unit, you can simply pack your things when you’re ready to move out, and then have the unit stored at a storage facility until you are ready to move in somewhere. At this point, the storage unit will simply be delivered to your new home.
When it comes down to it, mobile storage is more convenient, secure, and cost-effective than other, more traditional moving options.
Where do my belongings go when you pick up the portable unit?
We understand that it’s important to know where your belongings are stored while they are in our hands. The facility we use to store our portable units is located right down the street from our main office, at 1575 Joliet Street in Dyer, Indiana 46311. These means that we’re always close by and able to give you a hand with your unit when you need it. Please don’t hesitate to ask our team any of your self storage questions or present us with your concerns. We’re more than happy to help!
What security measures does Big Vault Portable Storage take?
We take the security of your belongings very seriously. The facility where we store your portable unit is secured by perimeter fencing, monitored electronic gate access and 24 hour video survillance. Plus, each unit is individually secured, ensuring that there is another layer of security between your belongings and any suspicious activity. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of our staff. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and address your needs.
Where is Big Vault Portable Storage’s main office located?
Our facility is located at 1490 Joliet Street in Dyer, Indiana 46311. We’re right on the border of Indiana and Illinois, so we can provide portable storage to just about any resident or business in the greater southern Chicagoland and the NorthWest Indiana areas with the space YOU need to get organized.